Man Injured in Accident on I-85 in Guilford County | News
A man was injured in an accident on Interstate 85 in Guilford County early Wednesday morning.
The single-vehicle wreck happened on I-85 northbound around 3:30 a.m. Troopers said the driver of a white four-door GMC Denali ran off the left side of the road, struck a guardrail and flipped.
The driver was pinned inside the car. He was later transported to the hospital with serious injuries.
The Highway Patrol is investigating whether the driver fell asleep at the wheel. The cause of the accident has not been determined.
No other information is available at this time.
Upcoming Events near Guilford County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water damage reported in 7 classrooms at Allen Middle School
- Power restored to all Guilford Co. schools, crews working to clean up debris
- ACC Men’s Basketball Tournament bracket; teams tip-off starting Wednesday
- Guilford County Schools cancels classes on Monday
- More than 55,000 Duke Energy customers without power across NC